hsiloP : Project status
Errors are not in the art, but in the artificers. (Newton, 1687)
Comments and bug reports may be mailed to: michael at this domain.
- Improvements that I certainly plan to make in the future:
- Warnings when integer operations overflow (in particular, the combinatorial operators).
- User defined functions and variables. For example, typing "-4.9 define a 24 define b 5 define c function dup a * b + * c + define f" would define variables a, b, and c, and a function f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c.
- Changes I may make if I have time:
- Switch to using the PARI math library for the back end of the calculator. This would allow "infinite-precision" calculations, removing the accuracy limitations of the current version.
- Allow the user to drag the window around with the mouse. This is difficult because it requires writing separate code for each OS. Also, make the window appear in the center of the screen under Windows, instead of in one corner.
- Provide an in-program help viewer in addition to the external documentation.
- Known bugs: